Samsung SMT-i5220 Setup Guide
Hardware Setup and Connections
Initially the SMT-i5220 handset will need to be setup to operate within the users network. The Setup Menu is also used to make changes to the handset, in the event that the system information should change. The current selected option is highlighted when viewing the menus.
The station number will be assigned automatically once the necessary information has been entered into the handset. Enter the ID and password of the server as described below to resister the station.
See your system administrator for specific network and server addresses. The addresses necessary to set up the SMT-i5220 are:
- IP Address of station
- Network Gateway Address
- IP Address of main telephone system
To access the Setup Mode:
- Unplug the power cord, (or Ethernet cord if no power supply) from the SMT-i5220.
- Press and hold the * button
- Reinsert power cord (continue holding *).
- Release the * button when ‘Samsung” is shown on the display.
When the handset has loaded, the Language Menu will be displayed. Press the Yes soft button to advance to the Configuration menu.
Once the Configuration menu is displayed, you can move between each menu item using the Navigation Button and 1-8 dial buttons.
The Easy Install Wizard will guide you through setting up your network parameters.
- Version Info. Provides boot rom, software, DSP and hardware version information.
- Network Info. Displays network mode, IP address of phone, network and gateway information.
- MAC address
Displays Static IP, Dynamic IP, PPPoE, NAT, 802.1x, VLAN (LAN) and VLAN (PC).
- Note: To use a Static IP address, select System Type OSSP (KP)
- Primary System: The main processors IP address
- System 1-3: Up to 4 server IPs can be set
Allows the user to choose the option of permitting the phone either login/logout from idle mode or only register to the server on power up. Once the phone is placed into Extension Login mode, a display will show up to allow you to enter and valid userid and password. This function is also referred to a hot desking (idle login).
- TFTP Server: The IP address on the TFTP server containing the IP software
- Upgrade: Starts the IP software upgrade process
This option returns the handset to factory default settings.
This option reboots the handset.
Plexus Communications hopes that this information is of value to you. Please contact us for any additional advice regarding your Telephone Systems and Telecommunications requirements. We specialize in the supply and installation of Telephone Systems from Major Brands such as Samsung, NEC Alcatel and Aristel as well as a range of quality Commander Systems. We provide and a range Voicemail Solutions from Samsung Telephone Systems, NEC Telephone Systems, Alcatel Telephone System and Aristel Telephone Systems, Conference Phones , Headsets from Plantronics and GN Netcom as well a range of discount telephone calls to local , National. International and calls to mobiles destinations.
Call Plexus for further information 1300 302 276