Samsung SMT-i5220 Call Processing – Handy Hints & Shortcuts
Outside lines may be programmed to ring a general alerting device. To answer alls ringing this device dial 67 or press the UA button (if programmed).
Answer Another Extension
To answer a call that is ringing at another extension, dial 65 followed by the extension number you wish to answer.
Answer Another Call Group
A Call Group is where more than one extension rings on an incoming call. To answer a Call Group that is not programmed to automatically ring your extension, dial 66 followed by the Call Group number (2 digits – see your administrator for call group numbers)
Busy Line Queuing and Callback
If all outside lines are in use, you place your phone in a ‘queue’ and receive a cal back when a line becomes available
- While listening to busy tone, dial 44 or press the Callback button (if programmed)
- Replace the handpiece
- When a line becomes available your handset will ring
- Lift the handset, wait for dial tone then dial the required number
- If you do not answer within 30 seconds of the callback, the callback will be cancelled
- This same procedure can be used when an extension is engaged. No need to dial a number at step 4 above
- To Cancel Callback, Dial 44, Press Function soft key, then Clear soft key
Busy Extension Interrupt
If you call an extension and it is engaged but you do not wish to wait for a callback, you can interrupt the users call using the following procedure.
- While listening to the busy tome, dial 45
- The user you called will hear a ring tone repeated every few seconds
- Wait for the called user to answer
- The user must end or place their current call on hold before they can answer your call.
When you place a call on hold, by default, this call can be retrieved from any extension. To place a call on hold so that it can only be retrieved from you extension, press the Hold button twice.
Leave a Display Message on your extension
When you will be away from your desk for an extended time, you can leave a message that will be displayed on other extensions if they try to call you.
- Dial 48 followed by the 2 digit message code you wish to be displayed (see below)
- 00 Cancel Message currently selected
- 01 In a Meeting
- 02 Out On a Call
- 03 Out To Lunch
- 04 Leave a Message
- 05 Page Me
- 06 Out Of Town
- 07 In Tomorrow
- 08 Return Afternoon
- 09 On Vacation
- 10 Gone Home
Plexus Communications hopes that this information is of value to you. Please contact us for any additional advice regarding your Telephone Systems and Telecommunications requirements. We specialize in the supply and installation of Telephone Systems from Major Brands such as Samsung, NEC Alcatel and Aristel as well as a range of quality Commander Systems. We provide and a range Voicemail Solutions from Samsung Telephone Systems, NEC Telephone Systems, Alcatel Telephone System and Aristel Telephone Systems, Conference Phones , Headsets from Plantronics and GN Netcom as well a range of discount telephone calls to local , National. International and calls to mobiles destinations.
Call Plexus for further information 1300 302 276